Saturday 29 September 2012

Chaos Space Marines Thousand Sons Flying Daemon Prince of Tzeentch WIP

I have been working on a 3 Daemon Princes of Tzeentch. 2 are for my pure Tzeentch Daemon army and the 3rd is for my Thousand Sons army. 

For all of them, I have used to Tomb Kings Ushabti with great weapons as the base. Speaking of bases, I also decided to mount them on 60mm round bases as that is what the current Games Workshop Daemon Prince Model comes on.

The conversions for the two Chaos Daemons Princes models are done and I will be showcasing the progress on the Thousand Sons one today.

Note: Progress has halted as I am waiting on the release of the 6th edition Chaos Space Marines Codex next week to see what Chaos Artifacts are as they are options for Daemon Princes. I imagine I can put magnets into the limbs with the book and skull, though. That might actually be the best idea anyway.

Brutesore Fluxignis, bearer of the Oracular Skull of Inorat, the Chastened Gauntlet of Onasan, wearer of the Sentient Robes of Tihzon, Destroyer of Destiny.
This is his current state, standing on my desktop. His left arms (the ones with the book) are pinned, but not fixed in place. It will making painting him easier.

Below are some WIP progression shots.

removed the old greenstuff robes and added more (flamer) arms. also changed the shoulder pads, added a head chrest from the original thousand sons model and lengthened his body. this is a dry fitting.
Fleshed out the midsection, and removed his daemon skirt.
Bulked up and shaped the legs for form under the coming robe.
Robe added and shaped. Attempted to give the effect of wind from the right.
Another dry fitting.
These wings are relatively heavy, so I figured double pinning would be best.
Attached the crest to the head and attempted to add a front. It looks pretty rough, so I am going to attempt to cut and file it, or remove it and try again.
WIP CSM Prince with the primed dual Chaos Daemons Princes
Sergeant Centurius' (Legion of the Damned Special Character) Animum Malorium
Close up of the repaired claws that I broke off removing him from a previous square base.

Next up I will show off my other two Daemon Princes.

No comments:

Post a Comment